Buscar

"He's At War"

Okay. Here's a poem I created about Remembrance Day. <3
Please DO NOT copy/plagiarise.  It'll mean a lot to me if you don't. :]

[Nov 5th/09]

Note: The main girl is like, 8 years old.

I looked around, confused.

“Where is daddy, mommy?”
My tummy felt all tangled in knots.
“He’s on vacation, sweetie.”
After she said that she smiled.


The knots got worse.
“But what’s with all the ‘boom’ sounds, mommy?”
My mommy looked guilty
as her smile grew into a frown.


She was looking down at the floor.
"He-he's at war."
I almost fainted as soon as I heard
that, I bolted out of the room.
“Sarah!” I heard her yell my name.
The noises were becoming clearer.


There was screaming, and more “boom!” sounds.
All I saw was people covered in their own blood, and ruined buildings.
My eyesight was going all blurry,
I thought I was seeing things.


Looking around, I couldn’t even
recognize where I was going.
I heard gunshots; there
was more blood at every turn I made.
I covered my ears.


I still looked around.
Looking, looking, and looking.
Finally, I found a
face I recognized.

When I got closer, gasping.
I realized… it was my daddy.
He was surrounded by his own blood.
Wearing his uniform, he was smiling.
I kneeled down beside him, “Rest in peace, daddy.


The end.

By: Kendal/dbkml/Runo

0 comments:

Post a Comment